The church is unusual in that it was relocated from Waterhay to its current location in Swan Lane, in the centre of the village, in 1898. An account in a newspaper of January 1898 recorded the Bishop of Bristol’s consecration of All Saints Church in its then new location, in which he commented that it had stood for many centuries at Waterhay and now “the old but new Church might be renewed”.
The original church at Waterhay dated from 1250 and a bell tower was added around 1430. This older location is much closer to the river Thames and because of flooding and mud it was often inaccessible.
The nave was dismantled stone by stone in 1896/97 and transported by horse and cart to its present site in Leigh. It was reconstructed with the porch built on the north side due to the proximity of the road. A new chancel was added to this as the old chancel remained at Waterhay. The Churches Conservation Trust now administers the Old Chancel.
The Church is a venue for approved functions, the Parish Council holding its bi-monthly meetings there. The Old Chancel is used for occasional services in the summer.