We welcome children of all ages to worship and learn about God with us.
To show children and young people that they are loved and accepted by God, and to help them understand what it means to be a Christian. For Youth Events and events for families in the North Wilts Mission Area (NWMA), scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Coming soon... a children's group for primary age will meet during one of the 10am services each month at St Sampson's Church. More details coming soon.
- A deanery youth group meets in Cricklade once a month and elsewhere in the deanery on the other Sundays. There is also a monthly social for secondary age children. Contact us for more information.
- In our Morning Worship service on the first Sunday of the month we have guided activities for young children with DBS checked adults, so that parents can take part in the service.
- Open the Book assemblies in St Sampson's Primary School (more information below).
- Crèche area.
In Ashton Keynes
- Open the Book assemblies in Ashton Keynes Primary School (more information below).
- Crèche area.
In the North Wilts Mission Area
For Youth Events and events for families in the North Wilts Mission Area (NWMA), including Wild Church, social evenings and activities please contact us.
Open the Book assemblies in primary schools
- Bringing the Bible to life through dramatised readings and children participate too in many different ways.
- Volunteers are welcome to join these Churches Together teams in Cricklade and Ashton Keynes.
- St Sampson's Primary School in Cricklade every Wednesday, (meet at 8.30am).
- Ashton Keynes Primary School, roughly three Fridays a month (meet at 8.30am).
There is a small crèche area in St Sampson's and in Holy Cross where parents can entertain younger children during the service whilst still hearing what’s going on.
Children and Communion
Children who are old enough to understand the importance of communion but are too young to be confirmed are able to take communion in this diocese after suitable preparation and with the agreement of their parents/guardians. We run a course for young people to prepare them. If your children would like to consider this and you are happy for them to do so or if there are families who you know would be interested, please contact us.
Bell ringers, church choir and music group
Young people are always welcome to join with these activities. Do speak to someone in church to find out more or email the Parish Office - email@example.com.
We have a Safeguarding Policy in accordance with the Children’s Act to ensure the well being of your children. Jo Valpy is the Safeguarding Officer for all the Upper Thames Churches. More about Safeguarding